Training Subsidies – where does CSQ fit into the picture?
With a range of training subsidies available – it’s important to find out who’s who in the zoo! Let’s start with CSQ…
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an independent industry-funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
CSQ can help you connect with the skills and training you need. We know how important it is to invest in your skills, so it’s CSQ’s mission to make it easier for you by:
- Funding/subsidising your training costs (if eligible)
- Connecting you with RTO’s just like us!
- Providing industry research and information
Connecting you with RTO’s just like us
We are fortunate to receive funding by CSQ to assist eligible participants with subsidised training in a range of short courses and qualifications. To discover the range of CSQ subsidised training options that we have available – SDS CSQ Training Options
*Important Tip – Use it or lose it – if you can, take advantage now!… CSQ contracts are valid from October 01st, 2019 to 30th September, 2020
Providing industry research and information… even if you’re not eligible to receive CSQ funding
Let your fingers do the walking and your eyes absorb the wealth of information that CSQ has detailed on the knowledge section of their website. Information like training is a tool to make better decisions and CSQ has a wealth of information on:
- Finding the latest available data and insights on what is driving your region, your business and your career.
- Exploring specific projects on an interactive map of your local area or discover Queensland-wide trends.
- Identifying labour shortages and understand the outlook for construction in your region.
Corona Virus and how it may affect you accessing CSQ Subsidised Training
At the time of writing this article – there’s a not-so-little thing that everyone around the world is trying to manage the best they can – https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers
With the increasing uncertainty surrounding this event – we continue to take a flexible approach to our training initiatives. We have developed and adapted a range of alternative learning options based on the latest health information and what our customers want. You can access CSQ subsidised training via:
- Face-to-face (F2F) training is still available under strict health regulations that we’re abiding by (these continue to change on a daily basis; we have the best interests of our staff and customers)
- Distance Education (DE): flexible delivery of training (paper-based training copies for your to sink your teeth into)
- On-line Training: depending on the Qualification / Unit of Competency full completion may or may not be possible given the requirements of the unit (ie. practical elements)
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): available F2F, Distance Education and On-line
With many of our CSQ training options being fully subsidised (ie. no co-contribution cost) – now might be the best time for you to consider your next training move!
To see if you’re eligible for any CSQ training subsides – Contact us today!
*Important Tip – Not Eligible for CSQ… talk to us to see what other options there might be.
Give us a call on 1300 000 737 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to kick-start your training today!