This unit applies to the activities of a person operating a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 60 tonnes including a non-slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes, reach stacker, slewing mobile crane with a capacity of 60 tonnes or less and a vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more with the exclusion of load estimations and slinging techniques to move a load.
A slewing mobile crane means a mobile crane incorporating a boom or jib that can be slewed, but does not include a backhoe, excavator, front-end loader or any other earth moving equipment that has been configured for crane operation.
- A log-book to document practical hours completed (this may be completed on-site at SDS Training or at a workplace under suitable supervision).
- Completion of a ‘challenge test’.
- Test paper.
- Both the student and their trainer must confirm that the student is ready for assessment.
- WH&SQ is notified of assessment (min. 3 business days to process).
- Assessment is then conducted by one our accredited WH&SQ assessors.
*You will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment and an AS1 summary form. You must lodge this AS1 form in order to receive your nationally recognised high-risk work licence.
- Planning the work.
- Conducting routine checks.
- Setting up the crane.
- Transferring the load(s).
- Mobile load(s).
- Shutting down and securing the crane.
For a more detailed description of elements to be undertaken as part of this course, visit https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/TLILIC0023 or call 1300 000 737 to speak to one of our experienced team members.
- Must be 18 years or over
- You must produce 3 Forms of ID in order to sit your assessment
Clothing / Footwear:
- Please ensure you wear enclosed footwear and appropriate clothing for conducting high-risk work
- Learner guides
- Assessment material (both theory & practical)
- Coffee, tea & water
- Hi-Vis vest (if required)
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Workplace Health & Safety License (after your application has been processed by WH&SQ) and a Statement of Attainment that is a nationally recognised competency for this machine.