Call 1300 000 737 or use the below ‘Book Now’ for available Maryborough times!
This course is for drivers who wish to progress from a car licence in order to upgrade their skills when driving a small truck, motorhome or bus.
SDS’s all-inclusive driver training includes many ‘must-know’ driving skills that your employer will expect you to have.
Vehicles you can drive under this licence:
- A class ‘C’ vehicle.
- A bus or truck (including a prime mover or a mobile crane) not more than 8t GVM.
- A trailer with a maximum weight of 9t GVM.
Requirements To Apply:
For application of a Light Rigid (LR) licence class, you must:
- Have held your class ‘C’ licence for a minimum period of 1 year.
Additionally, you must have held the required licence class for the prescribed period and this period:
- Must have occurred in the last 5 years.
- Can be continuous or made up of different individual lengths of time (excluding any time that your licence was suspended, surrendered, cancelled or expired).
To apply for the next higher class of licence, you must:
- Have held your current licence class for the required period of time (see above).
- Pay the road rules test fee and pass the test (if required – must be done through the Queensland Department of Transport).
- Pay the practical driving test fee, book and pass the test (must be done through the Queensland Department of Transport).