Courses held weekly
This License to Operate a Forklift course contains units of competency which covers the functions required to prepare and operate a forklift to meet minimum training and assessment standards for the purposes of certification.
This unit is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Formal Training conducted by SDS: (both theory and practical)
- Issuance of log book for recording of practical hours under supervision, or:
- Challenge Test completion (no log book required with successful pass)
- *Option of conducting log book hours on-site.
- Closed book theory, calculations & practical assessment
- Confirmation by students & trainer that they are ready for assessment
- Notification to WH&SQ of assessment (min. 3 working days)
- Assessment conducted by one of our accredited WH&SQ assessors
- planning the work for the prevailing working conditions
- using the controls and operating systems to manage the operation of the equipment
- locating the load and identifying the load characteristics
- safely moving the load
- monitoring the controls
- stopping, shutting down and securing the equipment after the completion of operations
- pre-start operation checks
- post-start operation checks
- and more…
- Must be 18 years or over
- 3 Forms of ID
Clothing / Footwear
- Enclosed footwear and appropriate clothing
- Learner Guides
- Assessment Material (theory & practical)
- Tea, Coffee & Water
- Hi-Vis Vest (if required)
On successful completion of the course you will receive a Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment and the opportunity to lodge your application with Work Health & Safety to obtain your Nationally recognised High Risk Licence.