This unit specifies the outcomes required to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the Intermediate level. It includes the use and operation of;
- Cantilevered crane-loading platforms
- Cantilevered and spurred scaffolds
- Barrow ramps and sloping platforms
- Perimeter safety screens and shutters mast climbers
- Tube and coupler scaffolds (including tube and coupler covered ways and gantries).
This unit is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- Both theory and practical training is provided by industry experienced trainers.
- Students must complete a log-book to document practical hours completed (this may be completed on-site at SDS Training or at a workplace under suitable supervision).
- Theory assessment (both a knowledge assessment and a calculations assessment are to be completed).
- Practical assessment is conducted.