Certificate III in Individual Support reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centered support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
3 specialised fields to choose from:
- AGEING specialisation
- DISABILITY specialisation
- HOME AND COMMUNITY specialisation
Successful completion of the qualification will require competence in ‘units of competency’ (see below) that relate to the role requirements defined and aligned at AQF Level III.
In order to successfully achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
*students to pick electives based on the chosen specialised field
Pre-requisites / Entry Requirements
Meet Certificate 3 Guarantee Eligibility criteria
*Yellow Card & Blue Card (please contact SDS to discuss)
Tailored to specific industries. i.e. Aged Care, Disability etc
Clothing / Footwear
Enclosed footwear and appropriate clothing
- Learner Guides
- Assessment Material (theory & practical)
- Tea, Coffee & Water
- Hi-Vis Vest (if required)
On successful completion of all units you will receive a Qualification in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Certificate 3 Guarantee
The Certificate 3 Guarantee is a key initiative under the Queensland Government’s five-year training reform action plan, funded by the Queensland Government.
The Certificate 3 Guarantee provides a government subsidy to support eligible individuals to complete their first post-school certificate III qualification. Great skills. Real opportunities.
Talk to us to see if you qualify.