This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 20 tonnes.
This unit applies to the activities of a person operating slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 20 tonnes including a non-slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonne, a reach stacker, a slewing mobile crane with a capacity of 20 tonnes or less and a vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more, excluding the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load.
- A log-book to document practical hours completed (this may be completed on-site at SDS Training or at a workplace under suitable supervision).
- Completion of a ‘challenge test’.
- Test paper.
- Both the student and their trainer must confirm that the student is ready for assessment.
- WH&SQ is notified of assessment (min. 3 business days to process).
- Assessment is then conducted by one our accredited WH&SQ assessors.
*If deemed competent, you will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment and the ability to lodge your application for your nationally recognised high-risk work licence.
- Planning the work.
- Conducting routine checks.
- Setting up the crane.
- Transferring the load(s).
- Mobile load(s)
- Shutting down and securing the crane.
For a more detailed description of elements to be undertaken as part of this course, https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/TLILIC0022 or call 1300 000 737 to speak to one of our experienced team members.
- Must be 18 years or over
Pre-requisites (Assessment Only):
- You must produce 3 Forms of ID in order to sit your assessment
Clothing / Footwear:
- Please ensure you wear enclosed footwear and appropriate clothing for conducting high-risk work
- Learner guides
- Assessment material (both theory & practical)
- Coffee, tea and water
- Hi-Vis vest (if required)
On successful completion of the course you will receive a statement of attainment and the opportunity to lodge your application to Workplace Health and Safety for your Nationally Recognised High Risk Work Licence.