This unit applies to the activities of a person operating a non-slewing crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes. It specifies the skills and knowledge required to operate a non-slewing mobile crane safely.
A non-slewing crane means a mobile crane incorporating a boom or jib that cannot be slewed, and includes an articulated mobile crane and a locomotive crane but does not include vehicle tow trucks.
- A log-book to document practical hours completed (this may be completed on-site at SDS Training or at a workplace under suitable supervision).
- Completion of a ‘challenge test’.
- Test paper.
- Both the student and their trainer must confirm that the student is ready for assessment.
- WH&SQ is notified of assessment (min. 3 business days to process).
- Assessment is then conducted by one our accredited WH&SQ assessors.
*You will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment and an AS1 summary form. You must lodge this AS1 form in order to receive your nationally recognised high-risk work licence.