This unit applies to the activities of a person operating a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 60 tonnes including a non-slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes, reach stacker, slewing mobile crane with a capacity of 60 tonnes or less and a vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more with the exclusion of load estimations and slinging techniques to move a load.
A slewing mobile crane means a mobile crane incorporating a boom or jib that can be slewed, but does not include a backhoe, excavator, front-end loader or any other earth moving equipment that has been configured for crane operation.
- A log-book to document practical hours completed (this may be completed on-site at SDS Training or at a workplace under suitable supervision).
- Completion of a ‘challenge test’.
- Test paper.
- Both the student and their trainer must confirm that the student is ready for assessment.
- WH&SQ is notified of assessment (min. 3 business days to process).
- Assessment is then conducted by one our accredited WH&SQ assessors.
*You will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment and an AS1 summary form. You must lodge this AS1 form in order to receive your nationally recognised high-risk work licence.