This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a vehicle loading crane with a Maximum Rated Capacity (MRC) of 10 metre tonnes or more. Competence in this unit, does not in itself result in a High-Risk Work Licence (HRWL) to operate this plant.
Vehicle loading crane means a crane mounted on a vehicle for loading and unloading the vehicle.
This unit requires a person operating a slewing vehicle loading crane with a MRC of 10 metre tonnes or more to:
- plan for the work/task
- prepare for the work/task
- perform work/task
- pack up.
Formal Training conducted by SDS: (both theory and practical)
- Duration 5 days
- Issuance of log book for recording of practical hours under supervision
- Challenge Test completion
- Confirmation by students & trainer that they are ready for assessment
- Notification to WH&SQ of assessment (min. 3 working days)
- Assessment conducted by one of our accredited WH&SQ assessors