This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to operate bridge cranes and gantry cranes safely. Competence in this unit, does not in itself result in a High-Risk Work Licence (HRWL) to operate this plant.
Bridge crane means a crane that consists of a bridge beam or beams, that are mounted to end carriages at each end, and can travel along elevated runways and has one or more hoisting mechanisms arranged to traverse across the bridge.
Gantry crane means a crane that consists of a bridge beam or beams supported at one or both ends by legs mounted to end carriages, and can travel supporting surfaces or deck levels, whether fixed or not, and has a crab with one or more hoisting units arranged to travel across the bridge.
- A log-book to document practical hours completed (this may be completed on-site at SDS Training or at a workplace under suitable supervision).
- Completion of a ‘challenge test’.
- Test paper.
- Both the student and their trainer must confirm that the student is ready for assessment.
- WH&SQ is notified of assessment (min. 3 business days to process).
- Assessment is then conducted by one our accredited WH&SQ assessors.
*Upon successful completion of the High Risk Assessment, you will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment and the opportunity to lodge your application for your nationally recognised high-risk work licence.
- Requirements for HRW Licence
- OH&S Legislation (Acts, Regulations and Duty of Care)
- Application of Australian Standards and National Standards.
- Pre-operational checks
- Planning your work
- Safe slinging
- Safe operational procedure
- Signals and communication
- Shut down procedure
For a more detailed description of elements to be undertaken as part of this course, visit https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/TLILIC0016 or call 1300 000 737 to speak to one of our experienced team members.
- Must be 18 years or over
- You must produce 3 Forms of ID
Clothing / Footwear:
- Please ensure you wear enclosed footwear and appropriate clothing for conducting high-risk work
- Learner guides
- Hard hat (if required)
- Hi Vis Vest (if required)
- Assessment material (both theory & practical)
- Coffee, tea & water
Upon successful completion you will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment and the opportunity to lodge your application with Work Health and Safety Queensland for your Nationally Recognised high-risk work licence.