This unit specifies the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 100 tonnes including a non-slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes, a reach stacker, a slewing mobile crane with a capacity of 100 tonnes or less and a vehicle loading crane with a capacity or 10 metre tonnes or more with the exclusion of the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load.
- A log-book to document practical hours completed (this may be completed on-site at SDS Training or at a workplace under suitable supervision).
- Completion of a ‘challenge test’.
- Test paper.
- Both the student and their trainer must confirm that the student is ready for assessment.
- WH&SQ is notified of assessment (min. 3 business days to process).
- Assessment is then conducted by one our accredited WH&SQ assessors.
*Upon successful completion of the High Risk Assessment Instrument, you will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment and the ability to lodge your application for a nationally recognised high-risk work licence.