This unit specifies the outcomes required to operate a vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more, mounted on a vehicle for the principle purpose of loading and unloading such a vehicle, including the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load, for licensing purposes.
This unit is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
- A log-book to document practical hours completed (this may be completed on-site at SDS Training or at a workplace under suitable supervision).
- Completion of a ‘challenge test’.
- Test paper.
- Both the student and their trainer must confirm that the student is ready for assessment.
- WH&SQ is notified of assessment (min. 3 business days to process).
- Assessment is then conducted by one our accredited WH&SQ assessors.
*You will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment and an AS1 summary form. You must lodge this AS1 form in order to receive your nationally recognised high-risk work licence.